Thursday 6 March 2014

Day 2 - 6th March 2014

Today's act of good was premeditated - a careers advice talk at my old school. I love my job - it's varied, interesting and I get to feel that I'm making a difference. So this was a chance to share my passion with others and hopefully inspire them to consider a career in sustainability or corporate social responsibility. I was asked to participate by a former colleague who now works there, and I was happy to agree.

I spent a couple of hours at the school, speaking to any student that approached me and explaining about the various careers available and the paths that can lead to them. I had prepared a single page handout with hints, tips and links for those who wanted to find out more. It was a relatively small amount of work and - just maybe - it might inspire somebody to pursue a career that will bring them huge satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment